Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009.........N.O.W.

I was going to start off at the beginning of the year listing New Years esolutions, talkign about 2008 and all that other "its a new year" mess but... Why. 2009 is finally here and its been going great thus far. I'm just focused on execution becasue the dreams & plans have been in place for years. I've ran off the slackers, hushed the haters and enforced my "real" friendships which has freed me mentally, emotionally and financially.

The album that had been so many years in the making is done. Writing, producing, recording, mixing and mastering is complete. I took a hard look into my past projects and came up with tracks that truly represented me and that could cater to my target audience as well as existing fans. I was able to write, sing, rap, produce, mix and oversee everything, all the vocals are me (even the backgrounds except the track with my lil cousin & the one with XL), I choose or made the beats - I have no complaints. There is so much diversity on the album and even live instrumentation. "N.O.W." (No Otha Will) will be officially dropping March 9, 2009 (03.09.09) which is my 30th birthday (yes I'm that old but luckily I dont look it, lol.)

Ive applied for a position as a Governor for the Texas Chapter of the Recording Academy (Grammys)- I'll be in LA in Feb to attend the awards (on the VIP list for Twista's after party). Cali is showing me alot of love including an energy drink company based out of Oakland named Hunnid Racks that is now an official sponsor for my label (What's up Nette). Back at home I've been asked to come in as a coordinator to several Grammy events, The "I Got Soul" conference, the DeSoto Hip-Hop Summit and other events with Metro Muzik the Union (what's up Kuwn).

Now that the album is done and were about to start the promotions for it - I will be out in the streets, clubs, tv, radio stations, online (especially this blog) - basically showing the world who I am and what I do. The people need to see an artist/executive who is doing everything the right & professional way yet still making some great music.

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: